We want to give you the incredible chiropractic experience that you deserve. Golden Chiropractic has been committed to providing the highest level of care since 2008. We want to keep this commitment to all of our patients, now and into the future.
First, be sure you have chiropractic coverage!
Call your insurance provider to confirm that you have Chiropractic Care coverage. Find out if you have a deductible, copay, coinsurance and/or an annual visit limit.
Do You Accept My Insurance? At Golden Chiropractic we are in-network participating providers with the following health insurance plans ONLY:
- Blue Shield of California
- TriWest (Veteran’s Administration with direct referral only)
Please call your insurance plan to confirm that you have Chiropractic Care coverage under your plan. Be sure to find out if you have a deductible, copay, coinsurance and/or an annual visit limit. It’s also a good idea to check with our office to see if we’ve made any changes to this list as insurance companies are notoriously slow in updating their provider directories.
- Read this blog for more information on Medicare coverage and chiropractic.
Is your Blue Shield Plan an HMO plan?
If yes, your plan does not cover all the services that Dr. Goldi provides in her care plans. These services include one or all of the following additional treatments: manual therapy, therapeutic exercise recommendations, electric muscle stimulation, myofascial blading, myofascial cupping, TMJ release, etc. You will have an additional fee of $35 added to your co-payment to cover these Non-Covered Services.
Your office is not an ‘In-Network Provider” with my insurance plan. What are my options?
Like many healthcare providers, we do not accept certain insurance plans. If you have chiropractic benefits thru your health insurance policy, but we are not ‘In-Network’, you will need to pay our cash rates. We can provide you with a detailed superbill which you can submit to your insurance plan for reimbursement.
I don’t have insurance coverage for chiropractic care. What are your rates?
- New Patient exams are $175. If it’s been more than 3 years since you’ve seen one of our Chiropractors, you will need to schedule a New Patient Exam.
- A Re-Exam is $115. If it’s been more than 6 months since your last visit, you will need a longer appointment to re-evaluate your condition, update your diagnosis, and establish an appropriate chiropractic care plan.
- Office Visits are $65. We do not offer discounts or pre-pay plans.
What are your Massage Rates?
- 60 minute massage is $100.
- 90 minute massage is $145
- Massage is self-pay only. Insurance is not accepted for massage services.
I was in a Car Accident. Do you Accept Personal Injury Cases? Like many other healthcare providers, we do not accept personal injury liens or third party payments. We do not accept Med Pay. If you DO have Med Pay coverage on your auto policy, then you will need to pay our cash rates and we can provide you with a detailed superbill for reimbursement.
Can I get an Appointment Today? We operate by appointment only. We can typically get existing patients in the same day. Dr. Goldi often has a short wait for New Patients. Use our booking link here or call our office at 831-661-5577 to inquire about our availability. Click here for current list of Office Hours.
How long are the appointments? One-on-one care with a licensed Doctor of Chiropractic 40-min New Patient evaluations, 30-min Re-Examinations and 15-min follow-up Office Visits. We always include Manual Therapy and Corrective Exercise for the best outcomes.